Send a check or donate over the PHONE

If you would like to send a check to avoid merchant fees, we appreciate it, and you can send it to:

Bridges to Independence
Attn: Christina Armstrong
46 S. Glebe Road
Suite 201
Arlington, VA 22204

Please make the check payable to Bridges to Independence. If this is a restricted gift, please put a note in with the check or write it in the memo line. If this gift is in honor of or in memory of someone, please include those details with the check.

If you would like for Bridges to process your card over the phone, please call Christina Armstrong at (703) 525-7177 x127.

Thank you!


Are you interested in making a regular and scheduled gift to Bridges? You can choose to make gifts on a monthly basis. Please visit our secure portal.


Bridges is a proud member of the United Way (#8353) and the Combined Federal Campaign (#99740).


Are you interested in doubling or tripling your support to Bridges? Check with your human resources department to see if your employer has a matching gift program.

CREATE YOUR OWN FUNDRAISING PAGE or donate your birthday to a cause

Rally your friends and family to support Bridges’s work with homeless families in your community. Create a fundraising page on Facebook or another platform and use the power of your social network to make a difference.


Through the generosity of businesses ranging from family-owned local enterprises to large corporations, we are able help the homeless in our community. Bridges is dedicated to building long-term, integrated, and mutually beneficial strategic alliances with our corporate sponsors.


Have you considered donating appreciated stock? Donating appreciated stock is a better option than selling shares and donating the cash proceeds. When you give appreciate securities that you’ve owned for more than one year, you may receive two tax benefits:

  1. You may be exempt paying capital gains taxes on any increase in value — taxes you otherwise would pay if you sold the stock.
  2. You may be entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the current market value of the securities, regardless of their lower original cost, if you itemize.

Please consult your financial, tax, or legal advisor.

Bridges also gladly accepts gifts of stock, bonds or mutual funds. To donate stock, please instruct your broker to electronically transfer your intended share to us and share with them the following information.

E*TRADE Securities, LLC
DTC Number: 0385
ACCT Name:  Bridges to Independence Inc.
ACCT Number: 4606-9577
Bridges Tax ID#: 54-1368484

In the memo line, please only include the name of the organization, not the donor name, or the stock may be rejected.

Please notify Christina Armstrong, Chief of Philanthropic Partnerships at of the transfer.

donate a car

Bridges to Independence accepts donations of cars, trucks, RVs and more through V-Dac. Fill out their online form, please notify Bridges, and your vehicle will be picked up at your convenience.


Are you including Bridges in your retirement or estate planning? You can list Bridges as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plans and receive significant tax benefits. Or, contact us if you are interested in including Bridges in your will, trust, or Charitable Gift Annuity. Please also consult your financial, tax, or legal advisor.

donations of goods or items

Donating new and gently-used supplies and goods helps Bridges meet some basic needs of the families in our programs. An updated list of needs is available on our website of in-kind needs. Donations can be dropped off at Sullivan House and receipts are available.

we’re here to help

For more information on all the ways you can give to Bridges, please contact Christina Armstrong, Chief Philanthropic Partnerships Officer, by email ( or phone (703) 525-7177, ext 127.

Bridges to Independence’s Tax ID Number is 54-1368484.