Immediate Donation Needs as of 06/08/2021
- Donations needed to support the continuation of services to our families (https://bridges2.org/donate-now/)
- Low denomination gift cards (7-11, Uber, Domino’s pizza, Target, Walmart, Visa/Mastercard, and Giant)*
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Clear large storage bins with lids
- Roasting pans
- Oven mitts and potholders
- Baking Pans or baking sheets
- Flashlights with batteries
- Cutting boards
- Hand towels or washcloths
- Temperature gauge
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Portable fans
- Ziploc bags
- Diapers – size 3*
- Baby wipes*
- Laundry detergent pods
- Aluminum foil
- Flat twin sheets
- Shampoo and Conditioner (Cantu, Carol’s daughter, etc.)
- Women’s and Men’s deodorant*
- Body wash*
- Groceries, to include:
- Packaged healthy kid snacks (no prepared or open food please)*
- Frozen packaged meals (such as bagel bites, pizza rolls, hot pockets, frozen waffles)
- Microwaveable cup of soup/noodles (hot and spicy)
- Individual packaged chips
- Hot sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies
- Gummy bears
- Jelly (strawberry and grape)
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, seasoned salt, Lawry’s, Ms. Dash)
- Sliced cheese
- Meat (hamburger, sandwich meat, chicken, hot dogs)
- Capri Sun fruit drink pouches and Juices*
- Bottled water*
*Bolded items are prioritized needs for the next 3-5 days
For all food and personal hygiene items please only donate new and unopened items.
Drop Off Details:
For the safety of our families and staff, please sanitize as best possible prior to delivery.
Small denomination gift cards should be dropped off at 46 S. Glebe, Suite 201, Arlington, VA 22204 during normal business hours. Please seal them in an envelope with your name and email and slide them through the mailbox slot in the door.
The other items should be delivered to Bridges’ Shelter, Sullivan House at 3103 9th Road N, Arlington, VA 22201, 7 days a week from 7:30am – 7:30pm. There are social distance friendly bins behind the shelter in the parking lot by the back door.
Upon delivery, please call (703) 525-7177 and dial 0 to let the staff know you left a delivery outside.
For more questions, please call (703) 525-7177 x127.
GUIDELINES FOR DONATING ITEMS
If you are donating an item that we need, we ask for new and like-new items for our families. If the items are stained, ripped, or heavily used, please consider donating the items to a different organization.
Click here to view our furniture donation guidelines.
Items may be dropped off at Sullivan House 7 days a week, between 7:30 AM and 7:00 PM. The address is 3103 9th Rd. N., Arlington, VA 22201.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to please fill out a donation receipt. It only takes a minute, and we thank you in advance! To assess the fair market value of your donated good(s), Goodwill has a great resource you can reference. Click here to learn more.
Bridges to Independence has very little storage space. Thus, we can only accept items that are immediate needs (list above) for our families.
We rarely accept clothing, furniture, appliances, toys, or stuffed animals.
- If you are interested in donating some of these options, please send a picture and details to email@example.com. Please allow at least 72 hours for responses.
- Items should be like new or gently-used, free of rips, stains, or damage, and appropriately sized for a small apartment home.
- In order to coordinate furniture moves, we ask for at least four weeks of planning time. If you are looking to move the furniture faster, please consider one of our partners below.
- Have furniture you wish to donate soon?
- Have adult clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at A-SPAN.
- Have children’s clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at The Clothesline for Arlington Kids.
- Have toys you wish to donate? Please consider donating to Toys for Tots, as they do support the youth in Bridges programming with toys.
AMAZON WISH LIST
We invite you to visit our Amazon Wish List, a registry of items for our Sullivan House emergency shelter and the families we serve. Items purchased online will be shipped directly to the shelter. Please include your name, address and email when checking out so we can send you a thank-you! We hope you’ll check back often, new items are added frequently.
If you prefer to shop locally and drop off your donation – that would be great too!
If you’re an online bargain shopper, you also can check out Capital One Shopping for coupon codes, competitive pricing, and sale alerts.
Bridges to Independence gratefully accepts donations of cars, trucks, RVs and more through V-Dac, Vehicle Donations. Fill out the online form and your vehicle will be picked up at your convenience. They make it easy.
Please contact Christina Armstrong, Chief Philanthropic Partnerships Officer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-525-7177 x127 with additional questions.