Our needs are constantly evolving, but we are always in need of:
- Diapers (all sizes) and wipes
- Bedding (twin sheets, comforters, and blankets–can be used)
- Nonperishable food (no peanut butter, please)
- Household items (garbage bags, laundry detergent – must be “he” or high efficiency, cleaning supplies)
- Paper products (toilet paper and paper towels)
- Toiletries (Must be new, full-size. We cannot accept travel-size products.)
- Gift cards to Giant, Shoppers, Safeway or Target
- Metro SmarTrip cards
Items may be dropped off at Sullivan House 7 days a week, before 9:00 p.m. The address is 3103 9th Rd. N., Arlington, VA 22201.
AMAZON WISH LIST
We invite you to visit our Amazon Wish List, a registry of items for our Sullivan House emergency shelter and the families we serve. Items purchased online will be shipped directly to the shelter. Please include your name, address and email when checking out so we can send you a thank-you! We hope you’ll check back often, new items are added frequently.
If you prefer to shop locally and drop off your donation – that would be great too!
WE DO NOT ACCEPT
We cannot accept donations of used clothing, furniture, appliances, toys, or stuffed animals.
- Have children’s clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at The Clothesline for Arlington Kids.
- Have a car you wish to donate? Bridges to Independence gratefully accepts donations of cars, trucks, RVs and more through V-Dac, Vehicle Donation to Any Charity. Fill out their online form and your vehicle will be picked up at your convenience. They make it easy.
- Have furniture you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at A Wider Circle.
- Items should be gently-used, free of rips, stains, or damage, and appropriately sized for a small apartment home.
- Items can be dropped off at 9159 Brookville Road Silver Spring, MD 20910 and we’re open Monday-Saturday from 9am-6pm and Sunday from 12-6pm. Staff and volunteers will be in the parking lot to help unload your vehicle and provide a tax receipt.
- If you’d like to schedule a pickup, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 301-608-3504, or fill out the online form
Thank you for your donation!
Bridges to Independence’s Tax ID Number is 54-1368484.