Immediate Donation Needs as of 1/11/2021
- Donations needed to support the continuation of services to our families (https://bridges2.org/donate-now/)
- Low denomination gift cards (7-11, Uber, Domino’s pizza, Target, Walmart, Visa/Mastercard, and Giant)*
- Pots and frying pans
- Oven mitts and potholders
- Plastic drinking cups
- Baking Pans or baking sheets
- Dish sets
- Cutting boards
- Temperature gauge
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic cling wrap
- Aluminum pans and basting pans
- Mini fridge
- Hand towels or washcloths
- Toilet paper*
- Diapers – size 3,4,5, and 6*
- Goodnites for toddlers – size large
- Laundry detergent pods*
- Shampoo and Conditioner (Cantu, Carol’s daughter, etc.)
- Wide tooth combs
- Women’s and Men’s deodorant
- Body wash
- Cloth face masks (adult and kids)
- Disposable gloves*
- Disposable face masks
- Rapid COVID-19 test*
Groceries/ food supplies:
- Baby formula
- Ziploc bags
- Paper towels
- Packaged healthy kid snacks (no prepared or open food please)
- Frozen packaged meals (such as bagel bites, pizza rolls, hot pockets, frozen waffles)
- Microwaveable cup of soup/noodles (hot and spicy)
- Individual packaged chips
- Hot sauce
- Bottled water
- Pasta Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies
- Gummy bears
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, seasoned salt, Lawry’s, Ms. Dash)
- Dinty Moore meals*
- Sliced cheese
- Capri Sun fruit drink pouches*
- Orange juice*
- Apple juice*
- Instant coffee
- Canned soups
- Coffee beans
- Cooking oil
- Lysol Disinfectant Wipes*
- Trash cans (13-gallon cans)
- Trash bags (13-gallons bags)
- Oven cleaner
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric softener
- Dish soap
- Fabric cleaner for couches
- Magic erasers
- Steam cleaner with attachments
- Carpet cleaning solutions
- SOS soap pads
- Cleaning rags
- Brooms and dust pans
- Batteries (Triple A, C, and D)
- Toilet paper holder roller
- Wall outlet covers (child protection covers)
- Laundry baskets
- LED 40-watt light bulbs
- 2022 desk calendars
- Alarm clocks
- Standard printer paper
- Coat racks
- Space heaters
*Bolded items are prioritized needs for the next 3-5 days
For all food and personal hygiene items please only donate new and unopened items.
Drop Off Details:
For the safety of our families and staff, please sanitize as best possible prior to delivery.
Small denomination gift cards should be dropped off at 46 S. Glebe, Suite 201, Arlington, VA 22204 during normal business hours. Please seal them in an envelope with your name and email and slide them through the mailbox slot in the door.
The other items should be delivered to Bridges’ Shelter, Sullivan House at 3103 9th Road N, Arlington, VA 22201, 7 days a week from 7:30am – 7:30pm. There are social distance friendly bins behind the shelter in the parking lot by the back door.
Upon delivery, please call (703) 525-7177 and dial 0 to let the staff know you left a delivery outside.
For more questions, please call (703) 525-7177 x127.
GUIDELINES FOR DONATING ITEMS
If you are donating an item that we need, we ask for new and like-new items for our families. If the items are stained, ripped, or heavily used, please consider donating the items to a different organization.
Click here to view our furniture donation guidelines.
Items may be dropped off at Sullivan House 7 days a week, between 7:30 AM and 7:00 PM. The address is 3103 9th Rd. N., Arlington, VA 22201.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to please fill out a donation receipt. It only takes a minute, and we thank you in advance! To assess the fair market value of your donated good(s), Goodwill has a great resource you can reference. Click here to learn more.
Bridges to Independence has very little storage space. Thus, we can only accept items that are immediate needs (list above) for our families.
We rarely accept clothing, furniture, appliances, toys, or stuffed animals.
- If you are interested in donating some of these options, please send a picture and details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 72 hours for responses.
- Items should be like new or gently-used, free of rips, stains, or damage, and appropriately sized for a small apartment home.
- In order to coordinate furniture moves, we ask for at least four weeks of planning time. If you are looking to move the furniture faster, please consider one of our partners below.
- Have furniture you wish to donate soon?
- Have adult clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at A-SPAN.
- Have children’s clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at The Clothesline for Arlington Kids.
- Have toys you wish to donate? Please consider donating to Toys for Tots, as they do support the youth in Bridges programming with toys.
Depending on our families current needs, Bridges will host collection drives to gather specific supplies. Please view our current drives to support our families immediate needs:
Please reach out to Emmy at email@example.com with any questions.
AMAZON WISH LIST
We invite you to visit our Amazon Wish List, a registry of items for our Sullivan House emergency shelter and the families we serve. Items purchased online will be shipped directly to the shelter. Please include your name, address and email when checking out so we can send you a thank-you! We hope you’ll check back often, new items are added frequently.
Don’t forget to use AmazonSmile while shopping! If you haven’t yet, simply sign up at smile.amazon.com and select Bridges to Independence to start generating donations, at no cost to you. Bridges will receive .5% of all eligible purchases.
If you prefer to shop locally and drop off your donation – that would be great too!
If you’re an online bargain shopper, you also can check out Capital One Shopping for coupon codes, competitive pricing, and sale alerts.
Bridges to Independence gratefully accepts donations of cars, trucks, RVs and more through V-Dac, Vehicle Donations. Fill out the online form and your vehicle will be picked up at your convenience. They make it easy.
Please contact Christina Armstrong, Chief Philanthropic Partnerships Officer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-525-7177 x127 with additional questions.