Current urgent needs
As of August 2019, we are urgently in need of the following items:
- Tide Pods
- Pots and Pans
We ask for new and like-new items for our families. If the items are stained or heavily used, please consider donating the items to Goodwill or Salvation Army.
Our needs are constantly evolving, but we are always in need of:
- Diapers (all sizes) and baby wipes
- Bedding (twin sheets, comforters, and blankets–can be used)
- Nonperishable food (no peanut butter, please)
- Household items (garbage bags, laundry detergent – must be “he” or high efficiency, cleaning supplies)
- Paper products (toilet paper and paper towels)
- Toiletries (Must be new, full-size. We cannot accept travel-size products.)
- General gift cards like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover
- Metro SmarTrip cards
Items may be dropped off at Sullivan House 7 days a week, between 7:30 AM and 7:00 PM. The address is 3103 9th Rd. N., Arlington, VA 22201.
Upon arrival, please fill out a donation receipt. It only takes a minute and thank you in advance!
AMAZON WISH LIST
We invite you to visit our Amazon Wish List, a registry of items for our Sullivan House emergency shelter and the families we serve. Items purchased online will be shipped directly to the shelter. Please include your name, address and email when checking out so we can send you a thank-you! We hope you’ll check back often, new items are added frequently.
If you prefer to shop locally and drop off your donation – that would be great too!
Bridges to Independence gratefully accepts donations of cars, trucks, RVs and more through V-Dac, Vehicle Donations. Fill out the online form and your vehicle will be picked up at your convenience. They make it easy.
do to our limited storage space…
We rarely accept clothing, furniture, appliances, toys, or stuffed animals.
- If you are interested in donating some of these options, please send a picture and details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 72 hours for responses.
- Items should be like new or gently-used, free of rips, stains, or damage, and appropriately sized for a small apartment home.
- In order to coordinate furniture moves, we ask for at least four weeks of planning time. If you are looking to move the furniture faster, please consider one of our partners below.
- Have furniture you wish to donate soon? Please contact our partners at A Wider Circle.
- Have adult clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at A-SPAN.
- Have children’s clothing you wish to donate? Please contact our partners at The Clothesline for Arlington Kids.
Please contact Christina Armstrong, Chief Philanthropic Partnerships Officer, via email at email@example.com or call 703-525-7177 x127.