How do I sign up to volunteer?
- Log on to Volgisitcs
- In your home screen, on the left-hand side, click ‘Check your Schedule.’
- Click on dates you are available and click ‘Schedule me.’
What do I need to complete in order to volunteer?
If you are a new volunteer:
- Please fill out a volunteer application.
- Return to this page for further instructions.
If you have filled out a volunteer application, but have not completed a background check:
- Please complete a background check.
- You will be notified when we receive your results.
If you have completed a volunteer application and your background check came back clear:
- Please review our Lemonade Stand Orientation Power Point.
- Sign the Lemonade Stand Orientation Form indicating that you have read over and understand all volunteer aspects of our Lemonade Stand.
- Email form to Melanie Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the commitment like for a volunteer?
There is no specific commitment! Feel free to volunteer at as little, or at as many Lemonade Stands as you like.
What are the volunteer positions?
- Will be assigned to children for the entirety of the Lemonade Stand
- Will be responsible for assigned youth
- Responsibilities: engaging pedestrians, assist in set up and break down, pouring, money management, supply management, records, IPAD
- Will meet at LS location and stay for entire 1.5 hours
- Will drive the Bridges van to help transport Youth to/from Bridges and Lemonade Stand location
- Will need to arrive 1 hour before and stay 1 hour after Lemonade Stand
- Will need to submit driving history from DMV and have a valid license
What is the volunteer-to-child ratio?
Depending on the number of volunteers and children that come to a Lemonade Stand, you could be paired with 1-5 children to look after.
Where are the Lemonade Stands located?
Please see the main Lemonade Stand Page to view the schedule.
What type of verbiage should we use when interacting with folks purchasing lemonade?
Please be careful with the language that you use when engaging with pedestrians. When expressing the Bridges mission to passerby, use the phrase “families facing housing barriers”, rather than “homeless families”.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Lemonade Stand Program Questions: Alex Gavin, email@example.com
Volunteering Questions: Melanie Farrell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship/Donation Questions: Christina Armstrong, email@example.com