Deloitte Receives Award for Volunteer Service to Bridges
July 25, 2018
Here at Bridges, we rely on volunteers to help us achieve our mission. We are pleased to announce that, for their extraordinary volunteer service to Bridges, Deloitte received this year’s Distinguished Corporate Service Award from Volunteer Arlington! The award was presented on July 24 at Volunteer Cares, an annual event honoring outstanding volunteer efforts in Arlington.
Congratulations, Deloitte, and thank you for all you do!
A snapshot of Deloitte’s extensive volunteer work with Bridges:
- Since 2015, Deloitte volunteers have organized and led youth activities at our emergency shelter on a monthly basis.
- For the past three years, Deloitte has organized a job shadowing experience over the summer for our middle school students. The “Deloitte Experience” introduces youth to careers in consulting and provides them with a structured problem-solving and presentation experience. Our middle schoolers are looking forward to the “Deloitte Experience” in the summer of 2018.
- Over the previous two years, approximately 30 Deloitte volunteers have provided weekly one-on-one tutoring to Bridges’ adult and youth clients.
- Deloitte volunteers ran a year-long “Coffee & Conversation” pilot program for our ESL clients, offering an opportunity for clients to practice speaking English in a low-pressure, supportive environment.
- Deloitte has staffed our annual Black & Gold event with 10 volunteers each year for the past 3 years. Deloitte employees attend the event as well.
- Every June, 25 Deloitte volunteers join us for a hands-on volunteer workday at the shelter. Projects have included gardening, painting, and team-building activities for the Bridges staff.
- Deloitte provided several key volunteers for our first annual Community Job Fair in August 2017; the volunteers were instrumental in not only running the event, but in making the job seekers feel at ease in a stressful situation.
- Skilled volunteers have helped with data analysis, data visualization, and other special projects as needed. For example, they have helped us compile, analyze, and transmit client data into a format we can use for our annual report.
- During the three-year duration of our MicroBusiness Academy pilot project, Deloitte provided volunteer lecturers for weekly classes on entrepreneurship and individual mentors for the participants.
We are so grateful for Deloitte’s support! With their help, we will continue to achieve our mission of sheltering and supporting families in need.